Saturday, October 9, 2010

You've Got To Be Shitting Me

So, after the worst year of my life, I recently attended a conference where I shared my story of struggling with depression, anxiety and PTSD and announced my legacy; to open an Equine Therapy Centre for those that struggle with Mental Health Issues. I had a lot of people come to me, telling me how brave I was for speaking about this and how it was nice that I was not ashamed of my mental health issues. Note to those who have not been admitted to a Mental Health facility: talking about your own mental health is like talking about the weather.
Also during this conference, an idea was presented. A $20 challenge. Each person in the room was given $20 to make a difference in 24 hours. Before I knew it, people were coming up to me with their $20 to go towards my Equine Therapy Centre. I left with $500. Within 2 days the word had spread and I now have $800. I then received a volunteering position at my stable with a free lessons from our top instructor. Then a free photoshoot with my horse to use to continue to create interest! Holy shit nuggets! I totally  don't believe in fate but its kinda hard not to think about it when its smacking you in the face and yelling "Here's the money for your tuition, here's the free lessons from a mentor and here's a free photoshoot to keep people interested!". Is this for real? I've been riding a high from this experience but the one thing I'm really hoping for? That this high doesn't fade too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment