Friday, October 1, 2010

Ok, Here We Go

Ok, this is my first blog so bear with me. I decided to blog because I can't seem to find the time to journal throughout the day and everything seems easier when you do it on a computer right? Right. Also, this blog may get confusing at times because I'm still trying to figure out who I am.

You see, over the last year I've been dealing with some huge mental health struggles. Infact, in August, I left a Mental Health Centre after spending 4 months there trying to cure myself of major depression, major anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. Unfortunately, I realized pretty quickly that no matter how long I stayed in this facility, I would not be "cured", only given the tools to help me in my "recovery" (which is life long for those of you who don't know). Kind of ironic huh? People that hate their lives spend the rest of their lives trying to recover from hating their lives? If that makes sense? It may not. Oh ya, I should probably mention that too. Due to the mass amounts of medication I'm on, I have a horrible memory so if I forget something that I wanted to mention, there's a good chance I might just throw it in the middle of a paragraph that may relate to something completely different. I'll do my best to explain but I'm not making any promises.

Anyways, I guess you will be following me on my recovery journey. Kinda like following an alcoholic on their ride to sobriety. Oh ya, on occasions that may be mentioned also (kinda went down that road as well). I will warn you that I have no censorship and some of my jokes are extremely inappropriate. Deal with it or don't read it.

Signing off,
girlwiththedarksunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment